August 15-16, 2021
9am – 1pm
Girl Scout Food Drive
Frontier Elementary School PTA
We hope that you will help us by contributing some of these suggested food items:
- Canned soup
- Canned fruits
- Canned vegetables
- Canned stew
- Canned protein—tuna, chicken, poultry
- Beans—canned or dry
- Peanut butter
- 100% juice
- Macaroni & cheese
- Pasta sauce
- Grains like:
What food items not to collect due to food safety and other concerns:
- Refrigerated or frozen food
- Because of safety and storage concerns, food that is not shelf-stable cannot be accepted.
- Food that is is expired or close to expiring
- It’s important that all food donations are fresh and safe for those who receive them. Food that is close to or past its expiration date may be unsafe for consumption and will not be accepted.
- Homemade food, including leftovers and baked goods
- To ensure that all food distributed is safe for the people who will eat it, we aren’t able to accept food made in personal kitchens where they can’t verify the ingredients or preparation process.
- Food with packaging concerns or fragile packaging
- This includes items in glass containers or packaging that can break easily, or damaged packaging, including anything partially open and dented or bloated cans. If you wouldn’t consider buying the item for your own family, don’t donate it.